Monday, October 29, 2007

Queenstown



Another great city, and surprisingly my favorite big city of the trip so far. You hear lots of negative things about Queenstown, especially that it's just a big party city and too expensive. While these things are true...it's still a lot of fun, lots to do and beautiful scenery. I spent 4 days there...walked around, did some shopping, went on the skyline gondola and watched a "haka" performance. I went to Arrowtown, a small old goldmining town 20 minutes from the city.

Saturday night I went out with my roommates (two girls from Long Island) and met up with some other girls from the UK. Such a fun night...did a little bar hopping...got into a little trouble. :)

The girls...

Winnie's Bar-It was their Halloween Party!

The roof opened up with hydraulic pumps!

After a few rum & cokes...

The girls catch me flirting with a cute Brit...

The "Remarkables" mountain range...

View from the top of the gondola...



I've left Queenstown and am now on another sheep farm for a little over a week until I head to Te Anau for the Milford Track.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Kel,
The mountain range in the picture from the gondola appears to be floating! Very cool. I'm so glad you are having fun.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - what kind of trouble missy? :o)

Anonymous said...

Kelly,That "Remarkables" mountain range photo actually looks like a painting.Spectacular!Seems you are having a great time. Good for you. Gram

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are heading to another sheep farm, because I was about to suggest a revised title for your blog - you wild adventurer party girl!