Friday, September 14, 2007

Just thought I'd post a few quick pics from our walk the other day.....These were taken by Irma, a lady in the walking group:



Walking out to the trail from the farm...

On Sunday I'm flying out to Wellington for a few days! I'm excited to see the city. I don't have lots of time (only 1 full day) but I figured since I was up this way, I'd take the opportunity to check it out. Then I'm returning to Totaranui Farm for another week...This farm has been one of the highlights of my trip so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That certainly was nice to hear.You really sounded up-beat about the farm.I thought you might be staying there a while longer.Was that some sort of a flower in that pic?Was it getting ready to bloom?I tried searching but couldn't come up with anything that even faintly resemebled it.Have fun in Wellington and don't forget the pictures. Love ya, Gram

Anonymous said...

Heyah - Well Kelly, I'd be lying if I said I weren't a bit envious. Keep on keepin' on. By the way -
those look like some version of a fiddle-head fern. I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess...anyway, I'm not a plant person but who knows, maybe they have those there in Kiwi-land too. Thanks for the stories! Take care, keep having fun & stay outta trouble.
Cheers - Danny

Anonymous said...

Your adventure continues to make me so joyful for you, and I am with Danny, it also leaves me envious. I noticed a couple of people in the walking photo have walking sticks, is there any strong indigenous wood that makes for a good stick? That would be a great keepsake, and useful tool for all of the walking that is certainly ahead of you.

Anonymous said...

Something is wrong with that picture.How come the girls are walking and the guy gets to ride the horse? I believe you are right,Danny.Found out the fiddle-head ferns are a delicacy in Maine.How was your trip to Wellington,Kelly? I sure hope you got to take some pics. I look forward to seeing them. Love ya,Gram