Sunday, May 13, 2007

A long day...

I got home from Salt hill about an hour ago after doing an 11:30-long shift. I'm beat but it was a great day! I wondered how I would be able to peel myself up off of my comfy chair after I sat down, but decided to spend some time online checking out different things related to my trip. I think tomorrow I'm going to go shopping for some of the stuff on my "master NZ list"...and this thing is huge. I hope that I can fit everything into the two bags I'm planning to bring, because I don't want to bring more than that. I have almost all of this stuff already... there are just a few little things here and there I need to pick up. What am I forgetting? What should I leave behind? Advice please! :)

• Hiking boots
• Merrell cross trainers
• Wellies (? haven't decided for sure yet)
• Socks: 4 pairs smartwool, 1 cotton
• 7 pairs underwear
• Shorts: 2 pair
• Shirts: 2 hiking (polypropylene), 5 cotton
• 2 tank tops
• Longjohns (polypropylene)
• 1 pair jeans, 3 pairs hiking pants
• Dressy cotton skirt/shirt/shoes
• EMS polar fleece jacket
• Gloves
• EMS Raincoat
• Hat
• Duffel bag
• Sleeping bag/pink blanket (the blankie is going. non-negotiable)
• Bathing suit
• towel


Hiking gear:

• Backpack
• Matches/lighter: in waterproof container
• Headleamp
• Jetboil, spork
• First Aid Kit
• water bottle

Miscellaneous:

• Sunglasses
• eyeshades/earplugs
• Camera/charger/memory cards/bag (?)
• Laptop/sleeve/necessary wires & plugs
• iPod/charger
• swiss army knife
• alarm clock
• Adapters/converter
• money belt
• padlock w/key
• Watch
• Heavy duty ziplocks (large)

Toiletries:

• Comb
• Deodorant
• Toothbrush/paste
• Sunscreen
• Advil
• shampoo/conditioner
• Hair clip
• Tweezers
• Nail clippers
• Pepto bismal
• Dramamine

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring some Wellies!! Working with farm animals (especially in the rain) you will be thankful you brought them! Or at least some "crappie" shoes that you don't care get covered in....

Kathy said...

You are NOT bringing that raggety old blankethalf way around the world with you?

Anonymous said...

Definitely bring the blankie, and I would recommend a small stuffed animal, too. Don't forget to throw some feminine products in your bag. And unless your plan is to go au natural, I'd pack a razor. Oh - stash some favorite crackers or snacks somewhere, too.

Kelly said...

Thanks for your comments guys. :) Kayde I think I will try to find some wellies. The prob is stuffing them in my bags!

Thanks for the blanket support ZC! Come on Marm, that thing is always with me. :)

Kathy said...

Zia Christa,
Hey, come on with the blankie bit....its a rag!
LOL

** Terramia ** said...

I love this as it reminds me of my excursions in NZ. I loved it there... my advice: bring an old pair of boots!!
Savour the moment...