Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spring has officially arrived in my yard. The crab apple tree is in full bloom and it looks beautiful. Tonight I did some weeding in my small flower garden...I admit it's been neglected this spring with all that's going on. But everything looks neat and tidy now and the plants/flowers are popping up and happy as ever.

My host, Eckhard, in New Zealand mentioned that he thought it would be nice if they could get their veggie garden up and running again. Since I have no experience with vegetables I thought I'd do some quick studying before I leave. I picked up a book called The Vegetable Gardener's Bible by Edward C. Smith. It's received great reviews, and 67 pages into it, I have to agree. It's really informative and has lots of helpful charts. I can't wait to get started...

Check out the book here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that book too, its an awesome book!

It will be interesting to see the difference in fruits and vegetables in NZ, and also the similarities.

Anonymous said...

Will you take a picture (as close as you can get) of a kiwi for me when you go to New Zealand? They are cute little birdies!