Monday, August 6, 2007



Hey everyone....sorry for the long absense.... I've posted some new photos of Mt. Vernon Lodge. Click on the link to the right!
I haven't been much in the mood for writing lately. I think it's good to take a little break now and then and just sink into what your doing without analyzing and recording every minute.

I’ve been settling into my new spot at Mt. Vernon. I’ve been doing lots of garden clean up lately so I’ve been enjoying that. Anything in the garden is fun for me. I’ve even learned how to ride the 4WD bike! I had Sunday off, so I spent the first part of the day in town. I decided to treat myself and had brunch at Ma Maison, a trendy restaurant here in town. I had eggs benedict with smoked salmon. It wasn’t priced too badly either.

I have this afternoon off as well and am going to explore the local library.

I've really enjoyed my time in Akaroa but I'm itching to move on. I feel like I've seen everything I want to see here.
More later.... :)

2 comments:

sharke222789 said...

Hi Kelly! Heath here, what's the caper? I was chatting with your mum on AIM and she gave me your link. I've just now read your entire blog and am finally caught up. The pictures are absolutely CHOICE! The blogs are very animated as well. I read an article today actually that many bloggers are being 'discovered' by publishers and getting book deals! Maybe you'll be next? If you find yourself wandering south to Invacargil, be sure to let me know. I have a friend who's family owns a deer farm there. Perhaps they can put you up for a spell and teach you the Tewperary jig. Look forawrd to reading more of your trials (and tribulations) on your journey. Ta!

Gram said...

Kelly,How beautiful and tranquil the lodge seems.You won't be chasing spiders there!Talk about a room with a view!I told you early on to have your blogs published. Perhaps you will be discovered and become "rich and famous".Take care and enjoy all the wonderous sights.