Monday, July 30, 2007

New place...

Hey everyone,

As some of you know, I've moved to a different location in Akaroa. It's called the Mt. Vernon Lodge (www.mtvernon.co.nz)
It's a lovely place and the owners, Jeremy and Victoria are very friendly. They run a lodge and several cute cabins. They also have a conference center and host lots of corporate events. They have deer, 1 horse, geese, peacocks, chooks and a donkey. :) I plan on staying here for a month or two depending on how things go and then may head up to Nelson.

I don't have internet or phone there so my only connection to the outside world is a 15 minute walk into town at a local cafe. I generally have afternoons off depending on the day, so will come down and post/email when I can, but I won't be on as much. I'm working on getting some postcards out (finally) so keep an eye out!

Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the new place. Was it named after George Washington's estate in Virginia?

Pat said...

Hope you have lots of fun at your new place! Can't wait to hear more about it. Write soon, we all love hearing from you! :)

Gram said...

Kelly,Well,this is more what I expected to see.The lodge looks beautiful.I hope you can enjoy some of the activities-swimming with the Dolphins!Good luck!

Gram said...

I searched and found that a chook is a chicken! There are several colors but one seemed to be silver - quite regal looking!This is a learning experience for me too and I am enjoying it.:)